The BACL holds an annual symposium on a comparative law theme, usually at the time of the Society of Legal Scholars annual conference. The themes of the seminars are usually aligned with the theme of the Society of Legal Scholars conference.
- 2020 seminar (Exeter/online) on Climate Change and Law: A Comparative Perspective. For the recording of the presentations, click here.
- 2019 seminar (Preston) in honour of Professor Watson: on transplants and mixed jurisdiction. For the program, click here.
- 2018 seminar (Queen Mary London) on “Comparative Law in Troubled Times”. For the programme, click here.
- 2017 seminar (in cooperation with the Irish Society of Comparative Law, at the University College Dublin) on ‘Comparing UK and Irish law: A special relationship?’. Professor Gilliker, Chair of BACL, wrote an account of the seminar, that can be read here.
- 2016 seminar (University of Oxford) on ‘Bernard Rudden – Comparativist, Legal Scholar, Polymath’. Professor Gilliker, Chair of BACL, wrote an account of the seminar, that can be read here.
- 2015 seminar (York) on “Comparative Law, the Courts, and the Influence of Europe”.
- 2014 seminar (Nottingham) on “Transnational judicial conversations”. More details on the programme can be read here.